Wednesday, January 8, 2020

I really like Thai Iced Tea...a lot

Kris and I started our Wednesday at the park again. What a blessing for Kris to have this green space for walking...and to remind her of Pennsylvania.  Again, I saw two huge butterflies. I'm determined to capture a video or photo of them before the week is over.

We had some local breakfast -- an egg hot plate. It was served with a sandwich as well. Of course, I had a Thai iced tea. 



This morning, we spent time with Sophie and her class at University. She invited me to share with the students as a "native English speaker," just introducing myself and telling them a bit about me, my family and my interests. Then, we played Outburst Jr. with them. We broke them into 3 teams (me, Sophie and Kris) and played a few rounds of the game. It was a little competitive, but really fun, and what a great way for the students to learn English vocabulary.  Oh, and my team won...  

The University

"vending machine"








Then we had lunch with some of the University students from the church. There were going to be 3 students joining us, but two had to cancel at the last minute due to a practice they had to take part in. So, we were only able to meet Plai. Kris has known him since he was 8 years old...he's a first year university student now, studying social studies. He is quite an impressive, mature, young man. He is a strong believer and really a future leader of the church here. Please pray specifically for him to be able to find other like-minded young men to connect with. Please pray that he would continue to grow in his faith. Please pray for boldness and courage for him to continue to seek the Lord.


Lunch




 Some sights around the University...

So many motorcycles

Thought this bike looked cute 
After lunch, they took me to the Van Cafe. A guy makes and serves coffee and tea from his van! It was such a novelty! We had fun there...and he makes great coffee (or so I'm told, I don't drink it).

 



 

  

Sophie went back to teach her afternoon class and Kris and me went to visit Geng and Tookta where I got to meet their son, Joel. What a cutie!! 


 




We enjoyed a delicious Thai meal for dinner and decided for dessert we would go back to the house and have some leftover Christmas cookies and hot cocoa, play some Christmas music and play a game...since it was snowing in PA. 







As the day is winding down, I realize that I really like the Thai iced tea here. I may have a problem. I've had four today. Is that too many?

Tomorrow we visit a few of the villages. Looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment