Sunday, January 12, 2020

God's Plans are the Best Plans



Well, I was knocked down for the count on Saturday, recovering from food poisoning. I'm pretty sure I was never that violently ill. Wow...I would have taken a "forced rest day" through a different method...just sayin'.

I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to join Kris and Pawn for village ministry at Na Loeng and Dongaul villages. However, it turns out, that Saturday was International Children's Day, so many of the parents and children would be away from the villages.  Since that was the case, AND, since I was unable to join since I was recovering from being sick, it seemed like a God-ordained moment for Kris and Pawn to be able to have a much needed conversation with one of the village members.

So, while I was sleeping the day away, Kris and Pawn were able to have the necessary conversation. Praise God that it went well and it seems to be the beginning of healing and redemption. Please continue to pray.

On Sunday morning when I got up, I felt like a brand new person. Thankfully, because I was going to be sharing with the city house church and the Pai Yai village church. Kris had asked if I would share my testimony, and the story/journey of me and Jared. There are several people in the villages and their churches where they minister who are suffering or who have suffered from mental illness. Jared knew that I would also be sharing our story. Both he and I were hopeful that our journey would encourage the people in the church.

Our story is really a story of redemption and God's faithfulness. Many of you reading this already know our story, our journey with Jared's mental illness, both of us grieving many losses, and our lives not going as we had planned. But, we can both honestly say that we are happier now than we ever thought we would be and God has redeemed so much in our lives. We have much to be grateful for.

My message in both churches was really highlighting our story, redemption and God's faithfulness.  Also, how God uses broken people and WANTS to use us in the midst of our brokenness.

I really didn't know what to expect. You never know how things will translate for something like this. You don't know if it will be impactful or not. Praise God! There were several people who were really touched and encouraged by our testimony. It's awesome to see God work! And, it's redemptive and encouraging to both me and Jared when the pain we have endured can turn into a blessing for others.

Enjoy the photos from our day!  Tomorrow, Kris and I return to Bangkok for a few days there before I return to the U.S.


Photos from City house church in Ubon

Me sharing with the group

Nit translating as I shared

Nui giving an update to the group. She had been serving with YWAM in Cambodia and is now seeking the Lord's direction for next steps in her life. She was touched and encouraged by my sharing.

 

What a beautiful group of people!

The first four photos below just show some of the scenery on the drive to Dongaul village to pick up some people to take to Pai Yai village church





drying chili peppers

Pai Yai Village church, hosted by Paw Ubon and Mae Pom (we had visited their home on Thursday...Paw Ubon accepted Christ that day). It was such a joy to watch the children participate in church, and they also wanted to stay to hear me share. They all listened so well!

 

worshiping together

she stole my heart...her name is Cake



 

 

Me sharing, Kris translating



Another group of beautiful people!



Mae Pom, Pawn, Yem (Mae Pom's daughter), Jeng, Sophie, me, Kris
Yem has spent time in the hospital for depression, she was touched by our story.

Jeng brought all of the children from Dongaul village with her. Jeng was encouraged by my testimony


Mae Pom and Yem arrived late and hadn't heard my entire story--Pawn is sharing it with them here

We were chasing the sun, trying to capture the sunset
 On our return back to Ubon, we stopped at a 7-11. Kris wanted to treat the kids (and us too, haha) to ice cream. She asked the children to pick what they want and wait for her at the register to get the ice cream after she paid. Little did she know, they lined up right behind her.


 


We behaved well enough to earn some ice cream too
 Once we got back to town, we went out to "Fern Hut" for my last dinner in Ubon. I'm so thankful that I recovered so quickly from the food poisoning. I really love the food here!





mango sticky rice...so good



No comments:

Post a Comment