Sunday, December 31, 2017

A new beginning...

Here we are again...ending a year, turning a page, to a new beginning...

A few years ago, a friend introduced me to a book, "One word that will change your life."  I loved the concept and ideas presented in that book.  For the last two years, rather than setting a bunch of  resolutions that are never kept, I pick one word to focus on for the year. 

What I found was that by picking one word, it actually helps me to stick to my goals anyway!

The first year, my word was "consistent."  For 2017 , my word was "intentional."  Both years I was able to follow through on my goals.  For 2018, my word is "trust."

Given the new journey that me and Jared are on now, it seems fitting.  Trust God.  Trust Jesus.  Trust Jared.  Trust the healing process.  Trust the process in healthy eating and weight maintenance for me.  Trust.

I don't know why it feels so hard to trust God this time around.  I've certainly had to trust Him many times in my life in many other challenging situations.  He has ALWAYS come through for me.  He has ALWAYS had my back and best interests in mind.   Even when I couldn't see Him working in the midst of things, I ALWAYS found good in the end.  Why am I doubting this time?

This last month has been a whirlwind.  It's so hard to believe that just 3 weeks ago is when our world seemed to fall apart.  And, that only a week ago, Jared came home from the hospital.  Thankfully, Jared is doing really well.  Sometimes, I feel like it's almost too good to be true.  Is it for real?  Trust.

The life that Jared and I share has never been "normal" by the world's standards.  It has always been normal for us.  That normal has shifted again and we need to learn what our new normal will be.  I have hope that it will be better than before.  We want to go forward in a positive way.  We want to follow God's leading.  We want to both have courage to do what we feel God is asking of us.  We want to go forward together.

I'm excited for a happier and healthier 2018!  Happy New Year, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment